Tuesday 13 August 2013

The Southern Cotswolds Day 1 pm

After my speedy morning in Chichester, i sped down the road to Malmesbury.

This is a quaint little market town, centred around Malmesbury Abbey, which largely survived the Dissolution of the monasteries.


The Abbey has a beautiful entrance through a little gate house, and round the corner the view below hits you.






I went in, but unfortunately couldn't stay because a funeral was about to start, so i left for an hours little stroll.

I went off round this sleepy little town.


Then i found the beautiful little bridge, and made some new friends.






Later I made it back to the Market square, and loved the ornate underside.










The inside of the Abbey is beautiful












 This was a lovely first day in the Cotswolds, i look forward to sharing my other days with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment